Brown River Queen cover art

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Book Away


At long last, a new Markhat and Darla book is out and away!
Way Out West is now with the publisher, under consideration. So while I may indeed be popping the champagne cork early (there's no guarantee Way Out West will be bought), just finishing and submitting a new book is a minor victory in itself. 
2015 has been a rough year for writing. But I got one book out, with time enough to start another, and I'm proud of that. 
My next project will of course be the continuation of Mug and Meralda's adventures. If you read All the Turns of Light, you might remember them spotting something very strange in the sky, high above the Great Sea. Will that play a role in the new book, which is entitled Every Wind of Change in my files?
Could be. You'll just have to wait and see!

On a Serious Note

My original plan for today was to include a section about how writers celebrate sending off a new book. But in light of all that's happened, it came off as being in poor taste.
Maybe later. I'm not going to post any images of the Eiffel Tower, or pontificate about the need for peace. 
In fact, I'm not going to say anything at all. I'll let the great Charlie Chaplin do the talking, in this remarkable clip from 1940's The Great Dictator. If you've never seen this speech, I humbly suggest you take a couple of minutes and listen. It was true then, and true now.


Take care, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment